American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Arranged in the customary order of the letters of a language.
- adj. Of, relating to, or expressed by an alphabet.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of the nature of an alphabet; similar to an alphabet; in the order of the alphabet. See alphabetic.
- adj. Pertaining to, furnished with, or expressed by letters of the alphabet.
- adj. According to the sequence of the letters of the alphabet.
- adj. obsolete literal
- adj. arranged in order according to the alphabet
- adj. relating to or expressed by a writing system that uses an alphabet
- alphabetic + -al (Wiktionary)
“An _alphabetical_ arrangement, be the books of whatever kind they may, will in general obviate the inconvenience felt from such an undigested plan; and it were "devoutly to be wished," by all true bibliographers, that an act of parliament should pass for the due observance of this alphabetical order.”
“The candidates that have filed for the April 7, 2009 election for school board are (in alphabetical order):”
“And to be democratic about it, Ill be we do it in alphabetical order.”
“So, here goes: the full list of my favourite books of 2008, in alphabetical order.”
“On April 12th the shortlist for the first DAVID GEMMELL LEGEND AWARD has been announced and the final five in alphabetical (bold) order are as follows:”
“The books with the same number of mentions are listed in alphabetical order and are as follows.”
“Scroll down to Uruapan (cities are listed in alphabetical order) and there is a brand new listing.”
“A completely patterned key — like a text rearranged with all its characters in alphabetical order — would be low-information.”
“The book is arranged in alphabetical order, along with a special foreword by none other than Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.”
“Sometimes I have to translate a list of countries that is in alphabetical order.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘alphabetical’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words that end like pickle. Listed here because they're funny (because they end like pickle).
Taisha GRE Bible
Looking for tweets for alphabetical.