from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Arranged in the customary order of the letters of a language.
- adj. Of, relating to, or expressed by an alphabet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to, furnished with, or expressed by letters of the alphabet.
- adj. According to the sequence of the letters of the alphabet.
- adj. literal
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of the nature of an alphabet; similar to an alphabet; in the order of the alphabet. See alphabetic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. arranged in order according to the alphabet
- adj. relating to or expressed by a writing system that uses an alphabet
alphabetic + -al (Wiktionary)