from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An adherent of Darwin's theory of the origin of species.
- adj. Relating to the theory of evolution, as advanced by Charles Darwin.
- adj. Competitive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to Darwin.
- n. An advocate of Darwinism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Charles Darwin, the celebrated English naturalist, or to the theory of development propounded by him. See Darwinism
- n. One who favors or accepts the theory of development or evolution propounded by Darwin. See evolution.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to Charles Darwin's theory of organic evolution
- n. an advocate of Darwinism
Darwin + -ian (Wiktionary)