from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or having the nature of an idealist or idealism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to an idealist or to idealism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to idealists or their theories.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating or pertaining to the philosophical doctrine of idealism or to idealists.
- Belonging to an ideal or ideals; striving for or imagining ideal perfection or good: as, idealistic poetry or art; idealistic dreams.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the philosophical doctrine of the reality of ideas
- adj. of high moral or intellectual value; elevated in nature or style
idealist + -ic (Wiktionary)