American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or having the nature of an idealist or idealism.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating or pertaining to the philosophical doctrine of idealism or to idealists.
- Belonging to an ideal or ideals; striving for or imagining ideal perfection or good: as, idealistic poetry or art; idealistic dreams.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to idealists or their theories.
- adj. of or relating to the philosophical doctrine of the reality of ideas
- adj. of high moral or intellectual value; elevated in nature or style
- idealist + -ic (Wiktionary)
“I use the term idealistic in a relative way only, for in God's universe the degrees of material progress of His children are infinite in number.”
“In the economic field we made mistakes, which we call idealistic mistakes.”
“Stogsdill explained that megalocracy is extremely unstable and can only exist in idealistic conditions for a few minutes before collapsing into anarchy.”
“Might it be confirmation bias, where those invested in idealistic pre-conceptions about the way science works, choose to ignore or downplay these facts for political or metaphysical reasons?”
“Of this it may first be said that a comment on idealistic is all very well, but the word at issue here is ideal.”
“The more sensitive, the more romantic, and the more idealistic is the young person of either sex, the more his or her soul craves for some kindred soul with whom the whole being can unite.”
“Patrick Neville of the Bolden Area Command, where Nettleton was stationed, described the officer as "idealistic" -- a police officer who wanted to make the world a better place.”
“It hasn’t shaken my support for Al, but I feel that it has undercut my ability to present him in idealistic terms as clearly differentiated from his opponents.”
“It's hard to put on a poster, without looking vague and idealistic, which is exactly how the protesters tend to look.”
“I would call idealistic cult like followers exempt from political reality.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘idealistic’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words to describe Neoclassicism
Read this list, and read it well. When you finish, you'll know me better than my mother. That is, unless she reads this list too.
A list of miscellaneous words, fitting in no exact theme, that I happen to enjoy.
Looking for tweets for idealistic.