from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or marked by pleasure.
- adj. Of or relating to hedonism or hedonists.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to pleasure
- adj. Pursuing pleasure in a devoted manner
- adj. Of or relating to the hedonists or to hedonism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to pleasure.
- adj. Of or relating to Hedonism or the Hedonic sect.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or consisting in pleasure.
- Of the nature of hedonism; regarding one's own enjoyment as the chief good.
- Pertaining to sexual excitement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. devoted to pleasure
Greek hēdonikos, from hēdonē, pleasure; see swād- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek ἡδονή (hēdonē, "pleasure") + -ic. (Wiktionary)