from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to audible sound: a sonic wave.
- adj. Having a speed approaching or being that of sound in air, about 1,220 kilometers (760 miles) per hour at sea level.
- adj. Slang Extremely exciting and fast-paced: a sonic lifestyle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to sound
- adj. having a speed approaching that of the speed of sound in air
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of speed) having or caused by speed approximately equal to that of sound in air at sea level
- adj. relating to audible sound
From Latin sonus, a sound; see swen- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin sonus. (Wiktionary)