from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or indicating direction: an automobile's directional lights.
- adj. Electronics Capable of receiving or sending signals in one direction only.
- adj. Relating to guidance in effort, behavior, or thought: directional training.
- adj. Serving to point the future direction, as of fashion: "A directional group of sweater knit colors are winter pastels” ( Women's Wear Daily).
- n. A directional signal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Indicating direction.
- adj. Of or relating to guidance or help.
- n. Something that indicates direction, such as a turn signal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. of or pertaining to direction (definition 2).
- adj. serving to indicate direction.
- adj. transmitting radio signals in a specific direction, or receiving signals only from a narrow angle of directions, thus serving to indicate the direction from which radio signals are coming. Used of antennas.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to direction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to direction toward a (nonspatial) goal
- adj. relating to or indicating directions in space
- adj. showing the way by conducting or leading; imposing direction on
direction + -al (Wiktionary)