American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or indicating direction: an automobile's directional lights.
- adj. Electronics Capable of receiving or sending signals in one direction only.
- adj. Relating to guidance in effort, behavior, or thought: directional training.
- adj. Serving to point the future direction, as of fashion: "A directional group of sweater knit colors are winter pastels” ( Women's Wear Daily).
- n. A directional signal.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to direction.
- adj. Indicating direction.
- adj. Of or relating to guidance or help.
- n. Something that indicates direction, such as a turn signal.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. of or pertaining to direction (definition 2).
- adj. serving to indicate direction.
- adj. (Radio) transmitting radio signals in a specific direction, or receiving signals only from a narrow angle of directions, thus serving to indicate the direction from which radio signals are coming. Used of antennas.
- adj. relating to direction toward a (nonspatial) goal
- adj. relating to or indicating directions in space
- adj. showing the way by conducting or leading; imposing direction on
- direction + -al (Wiktionary)
“One of the objects of this invention is to provide a tank having an extensible leg capable of imparting a series of vertical oscillations to the tank, and having means to vary the angle of inclination of the leg to obtain directional movement of the tank.”
“I once heard it was found to be better in directional terms than the more glamorous US-style wail.”
“But forecasting long-term directional change is possible by identifying trends through an analysis of deep history rather than of the shallow past.”
“The Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority is barely starting in directional drilling.”
“Until and unless this uptrend is broken to the downside (with a break below 1.0500), the current medium-term directional bias continues to be bullish.”
“We recommend staying on the sidelines at current levels with no clear short-term directional bias.”
“Until this level is taken out the near-term directional bias remains neutral.”
“Long term directional movements are obvious in the major currency pairs and Trend Following captures these moves.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘directional’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
nuclear fuel, nuclear arsenal, nuclear equipment, AWACS, anti-missile shield, battlefield opera..., communication sys..., community communi..., control system, functionality log..., Missile Technolog..., NBC Warning and R... and 302 more...
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
and other nerdy things
Looking for tweets for directional.