from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or indicating direction: an automobile's directional lights.
- adj. Electronics Capable of receiving or sending signals in one direction only.
- adj. Relating to guidance in effort, behavior, or thought: directional training.
- adj. Serving to point the future direction, as of fashion: "A directional group of sweater knit colors are winter pastels” ( Women's Wear Daily).
- n. A directional signal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Indicating direction.
- adj. Of or relating to guidance or help.
- n. Something that indicates direction, such as a turn signal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. of or pertaining to direction (definition 2).
- adj. serving to indicate direction.
- adj. transmitting radio signals in a specific direction, or receiving signals only from a narrow angle of directions, thus serving to indicate the direction from which radio signals are coming. Used of antennas.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to direction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to direction toward a (nonspatial) goal
- adj. relating to or indicating directions in space
- adj. showing the way by conducting or leading; imposing direction on
One of the objects of this invention is to provide a tank having an extensible leg capable of imparting a series of vertical oscillations to the tank, and having means to vary the angle of inclination of the leg to obtain directional movement of the tank.
I once heard it was found to be better in directional terms than the more glamorous US-style wail.
But forecasting long-term directional change is possible by identifying trends through an analysis of deep history rather than of the shallow past.
The Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority is barely starting in directional drilling.
The data provided by the CFTC provides some of the best intermediate to long-term directional indicators available, particularly when an extreme is hit.
We will continue to offer longer-term directional indications with a primary focus on growth drivers and relevant factors.
Until and unless this uptrend is broken to the downside (with a break below 1.0500), the current medium-term directional bias continues to be bullish.
We recommend staying on the sidelines at current levels with no clear short-term directional bias.
Until this level is taken out the near-term directional bias remains neutral.
Long term directional movements are obvious in the major currency pairs and Trend Following captures these moves.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.