from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to sight; visual: an optical defect.
- adj. Designed to assist sight: optical instruments.
- adj. Of or relating to optics.
- adj. Relating to or using visible light: optical astronomy.
- adj. Using light-sensitive devices.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to sight; visual
- adj. Designed to assist or enhance sight
- adj. Of, or relating to optics
- adj. Of, or relating to visible light
- adj. Incorporating light-sensitive devices
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to or connected with the science of optics; based on or constructed in accordance with the laws of optics: as, optical laws; optical instruments.
- Pertaining to vision; optic.
- Treating of or studying optics: as, optical writers.
- Synonyms See optic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or involving light or optics
- adj. of or relating to or resembling the eye
- adj. relating to or using sight
optic + -al (Wiktionary)