American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to sight; visual: an optical defect.
- adj. Designed to assist sight: optical instruments.
- adj. Of or relating to optics.
- adj. Relating to or using visible light: optical astronomy.
- adj. Using light-sensitive devices.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to or connected with the science of optics; based on or constructed in accordance with the laws of optics: as, optical laws; optical instruments.
- Pertaining to vision; optic.
- Treating of or studying optics: as, optical writers.
- Synonyms See optic.
- adj. Of, or relating to sight; visual
- adj. Designed to assist or enhance sight
- adj. Of, or relating to optics
- adj. Of, or relating to visible light
- adj. Incorporating light-sensitive devices
- adj. of or relating to or involving light or optics
- adj. of or relating to or resembling the eye
- adj. relating to or using sight
- optic + -al (Wiktionary)
“: * [[optical measurement of nuclear explosions MASINT]] #optical measurement of nuclear explosions MASINT |”
“By providing what they call "optical depth of field", engineers will be able to deliver a wealth of information without having to design additional features, such as screens, into the car's fascia.”
“This fellow Dell thinks the phrase optical semiconductor will be on everyone’s lips in a few years, and I pass it along here in case people betting on proteomics lose their shirts.”
“I really can't discern any difference in optical quality in either.”
“I can't tell any difference in optical quality between the VX II and VX III.”
“I understand it needs to be trained separately for each speaker (just as we need to train optical scanners on each text, as fonts, print quality, paper quality, etc vary so much).”
“So unless Cisco is about to invest heavily in optical research and find a way to catch up to the Canons and Panasonics of the world, this seems like a purchase at the nadir of a product cycle rather than a value added long term proposition.”
“And there is a substantial scientific consensus that oil was formed by biological pathways since the abiotic pathway can not explain optical activity and porphyrin-type materials there.”
“Both the TVs and Blu-ray player come with a new, large remote control that features RF connections to the TV (IR is also included for controlling other IR-based gear, such as A/V receivers or cable or satellite boxes), a full QWERTY keyboard, and a built-in optical mouse.”
“All my work is based in optical and infrared wavelengths.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘optical’.
All the scientific words found in the official EU nomenclature. For the screening I used Vocabgrabber of the Visual Thesaurus.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
words associated with LASERS.
( open list, randomness )
NOTE: i'd like to keep the list specific to the LASER itself (Any LASER), and leave out applied sciences..
tomorrow I am getting new glasses because my other ones were run over by a car
Words that turn me on...Intellectually of course.
Looking for tweets for optical.