from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Constructed as part of a larger unit; not detachable: a built-in cabinet.
- adj. Forming a permanent or essential element or quality: a built-in escape clause.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. constructed as a non-detachable part of a larger structure
- adj. being an essential and permanent part of something
- adj. of an included feature that normally comes as an extra
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. existing as an essential constituent or characteristic
Sorry, no etymologies found.