American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Acting or capable of acting on each other.
- adj. Computer Science Of or relating to a program that responds to user activity.
- adj. Of, relating to, or being a form of television entertainment in which the signal activates electronic apparatus in the viewer's home or the viewer uses the apparatus to affect events on the screen, or both.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Mutually active; acting upon or influencing each other.
- adj. Acting with each other.
- adj. computer science Responding to the user.
- n. A feature (as in a museum) that can be interacted with.
- adj. capable of acting on or influencing each other
- adj. used especially of drugs or muscles that work together so the total effect is greater than the sum of the two (or more)
“The word "interactive" kept standing out for me here.”
“Mr. Winston says the new pedestrian plaza may also be driving the interest in interactive ads.”
“The iPhone application joins our existing Android app to offer a paradigm shift in interactive dating," said Andrew Weinreich, CEO of meetMoi.”
“With states from Texas to California forcing textbooks to go electronic, the time to go live and interactive is surely now.”
“In short, Nintendo has helped redefine a category it pioneered, and reasserted itself as a true leader in interactive gaming.”
“Yet Mr. Holliday goes only so far as to argue the various merits of differing degrees of careful engagement, pushing a process he terms "interactive intervention.”
“I'm not asking for The Dispossessed in interactive button-pressing form, I'd just like my games to consist of more than pretty colours and flashing lights.”
“We call interactive communications tools such as Twitter and Facebook social media.”
“We've only seen the recently released scraps of screenshots (well, and a chick-pea and penny based prototype), but the blood diamond trade is nothing if not a, well, diamond mine of strategic, socio-political, and potential emotional depth, and there are few people other than Rohrer that I'd trust to smartly interpret that in interactive form.”
“Evidence of the way that learners ‘appropriate’ language from one another in interactive pair or groupwork seems to support this claim.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘interactive’.
Use these and get promoted
random webdev lingo used primarily in computer programming.
( open list, randomness, technical jargon, geek speak )
ajax, user, admin, frontend, backend, database, sql, protocol, call, dom, layout, ui and 439 more...
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
between or among; mutually
Words I Like
Words I come across at work.
Now stripped of most military terms, which have found a new home on the list Historical Military Terms of Interest. See also (and add to!) hilarious misspe...
Words I like!
( personal list, favorite words, randomness )
Looking for tweets for interactive.