from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, exhibiting, or caused by radioactivity.
- adj. Informal Extremely sensitive or controversial: "Perhaps race is now too radioactive a topic, in an era of political correctness” ( David Nyhan).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Exhibiting radioactivity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of luminescence under the action of cathode rays, X rays, or any of the allied forms of radiation.
- adj. of, exhibiting, or caused by radioactivity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Exhibiting or pertaining to radioactivity (which see): as, radioactive substances.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. exhibiting or caused by radioactivity
Sorry, no etymologies found.