from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Describing that which refracts.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Serving or having power to refract, or turn from a direct course; pertaining to refraction
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to refraction; serving or having power to refract or turn from a direct course.
- Capable of being refracted: as, the refractive violet rays.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or capable of refraction
- adj. capable of changing the direction (of a light or sound wave)
refract + -ive (Wiktionary)