from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tending to be responsive or to react to a stimulus.
- adj. Characterized by reaction.
- adj. Chemistry & Physics Tending to participate readily in reactions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. that reacts or responds to a stimulus
- adj. that readily takes part in reactions
- adj. Characterized by induction or capacitance rather than resistance.
- adj. Reacting to the past rather than anticipating the future, not predictive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having power to react; tending to reaction; of the nature of reaction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or causing reaction; acting reflexively or reciprocally; resulting from reflex action.
- In alternating-current circuits, same as wattless.
- n. A reagent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. reacting to a stimulus
- adj. participating readily in reactions
Sorry, no etymologies found.