from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to an anion
- n. an anionic detergent
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having the character of an anion; negatively charged; containing anions; -- of atoms, molecules, and groups of atoms. Contrasted with
- adj. of or pertaining to anions. Contrasted with
- n. a class of synthetic detergents in which the molecules do not ionize in aqueous solutions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a class of synthetic detergents in which the molecules do not ionize in aqueous solutions
- adj. of or relating to anions
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Washing-up liquids are often of the 'anionic' types and are likely to interfere with the dyeing process.
 is presumably due to the binding of ACh at the peripheral "anionic" site.
Besides avoiding the small amino acids, from your Venn diagram, they look to cover most options to me (the only obvious ommision would be glutamate, E, for an example of a anionic (negative) amino acid).
Soaps are anionic surfacants, and one bath bar generally works as well as another.
The plane of anionic valency sites created by this double ribbon arrangement is neutralized by the metal cations.
Thank God it does contain everyone's favorite anionic polyelectrolyte, xanthan gum, a thickening agent produced by a bacterium that lives on cabbage plants.
The alkalies react with acids in the hard water and help the anionic detergents clean better, and, in the case of soap, also reduce scum formation.
There are four types of detergents: anionic, nonionic, cationic, and amphoteric.
For this reason, alkaline substances are often added to anionic detergents and to soaps, which are also anionic.
Doing so will end the program, but it will also produce a surge in the holodeck emitters, causing them to release a lethal dose of anionic radiation that will kill the personnel inside.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.