from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made up of two atoms: a diatomic molecule.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Consisting of two atoms.
- n. A diatomic molecule or other species
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Containing two atoms.
- adj. Having two replaceable atoms or radicals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In chem., consisting of two atoms: as, a diatomic radical: specifically applied to hydrates which have two hydrogen atoms united to the nucleus radical by oxygen. It is these hydrogen atoms alone which are easily replaced by metallic bases or other radicals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to a molecule made up of two atoms
Sorry, no etymologies found.