from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characteristic of or having to do with comedy.
- adj. Of or relating to comic strips.
- adj. Amusing; humorous: a comic situation involving the family's pets.
- n. A comedian.
- n. A person whose behavior elicits laughter.
- n. Comic strips.
- n. A comic book.
- n. A source of humor in art or life.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. being funny
- adj. related to comedy
- n. A comedian
- n. A cartoon story, a graphic novel
- n. A children's newspaper
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to comedy, as distinct from tragedy.
- adj. Causing mirth; ludicrous.
- n. A comedian.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to or of the nature of comedy, as distinct from tragedy. See comedy and drama.
- Raising mirth; fitted to excite merriment.
- n. A comic actor or singer; a writer of comedies; a comical person.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of comedy
- adj. arousing or provoking laughter
- n. a professional performer who tells jokes and performs comical acts
Once in a company of choice spirits Somebody suggested, when "our leading comic" was being discussed, that it would surely be an original idea and a good speculation to "start a _comic_ Punch."
Paul Richter said of all the definitions of the comic: namely, that their sole merit is _to be themselves comic_ and to produce, in reality, the fact, which they vainly try to define logically.
Let him be ever so exasperated, a comic song -- _a good comic_ song, mind you -- never fails to soothe him.
"It was getting depressing," says Rose McGowan, who will play the title comic-book vixen in Red Sonja, due in 2010.
While the term comic is associated with western comics and yotsuba is therefore not a comic.
She also will add to her geek cred as Jane Foster, an astrophysicist and the love interest of the title comic-book hero in next summer's
If Marvel really wanted to support the retailers and let them benefit from the media attention, they would allow them to order more and release the news on the Wednesday the comic is already supposed to be in the stores.
The first X-Men movie comes out, and the comic is a Claremont-written mess.
While I can't comment on the webisodes ... the comic is a series of limited series.
Even though this comic is a media tie-in, it entertained me and made me eager for more.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.