from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who aspires to wittiness.
- n. One who has little wit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person who feigns wit, pretending or aspiring to be witty
- n. a person with little wit
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A person who has little wit or understanding; a pretender to wit or smartness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A pretender to wit; a would-be wit.
wit + -ling (Wiktionary)