American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A stupid person; a dunce.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A dull, stupid fellow; a blockhead; a numskull.
- To waste time foolishly; behave foolishly.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A heavy, stupid fellow; a blockhead; a numskull; an ignoramus; a dunce; a dullard.
- v. obsolete To behave foolishly.
- n. a person who is not very bright
- First used as a noun in Early Modern English, from English dialectal dold ("stupid, confused"), from Middle English dold, a variant of dulled, dult ("dulled"), past participle of dullen, dollen ("to make dull, make stupid"), from dull, dul, dwal ("stupid"). More at dull. (Wiktionary)
- Middle English dulte, from past participle of dullen, to dull, from dul, dull; see dull. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“If you look the word macho or machismo up in a good English/Spanish dictionary, the term dolt is usually included.”
“November can't come soon enough .... this dolt is toxic. ugogrl”
“Now Bush the dolt is not completely without fault, but to avoid FACTS like you people like to do to make the Democrats appear to be without fault here is laughable.”
“Anyone who believes this dolt is in it for anything but fame & fortune is out of his/her mind.”
“This dolt is lucky, but his students are stuck with him.”
“If I ever see someone use the word dolt, simpleton or moron, I plan on being outraged.”
“Look up the word dolt in the dictionary, you will find your picture there.”
“Until the end of time, you will be known as the dolt who blew it when the chips were down.”
“Until the end of your days, you'll be known as the dolt who blew it when the chips were down.”
“At the end of time, you'll be known as the dolt who blew it when the chips were down.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dolt’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
unkind words or those refering them.
A rich collection of all the ways you can insult someone's intelligence.
I omit words such as thief, cad, or prude if a phoneme change or the addition or subtraction of a letter is required when combining with -ishness.
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
unfathomably, glice, cuh, fab, ciggaty, doll, thuggin, oxymoronic, pineapple, succubutt, griming, cheeky and 3027 more...
Insults that make me laugh. Some of these are re-contextualized because they sound like insults to me.
From Notre Dame de Paris by good ole Victor Hugo. (Also called The Hunchback of Notre Dame.)
List of most of the words I've learned
im a killa nah im just kidding but i am funny
Looking for tweets for dolt.