from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who engages in an activity superficially or without serious intent. See Synonyms at amateur.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. one who dabbles
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who dabbles.
- n. One who dips slightly into anything; a superficial meddler.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who dabbles or plays in water, or as in water.
- n. One who dabbles in or dips slightly into some pursuit, business, or study; a superficial worker or thinker.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an amateur who engages in an activity without serious intentions and who pretends to have knowledge
- n. any of numerous shallow-water ducks that feed by upending and dabbling
from dabble + -er (Wiktionary)