from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person regarded as being of no importance or significance.
- n. Nonexistence.
- n. Something that does not exist or that exists only in the imagination.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an unimportant or insignificant person
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Nonexistence; the negation of being.
- n. A thing not existing.
- n. A person or thing of little or no account; an unimportant person; -- usually used as a disparaging term.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Non-existence; the negation of being.
- A thing between being and nothing; a negation, relation, or ens rationis.
- A figment; a nothing.
- Nothingness; insignificance; futility.
- A person or thing of no consequence or importance: as, he is a mere nonentity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person of no influence
- n. the state of not existing
non- + entity (Wiktionary)