from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A person regarded as weak or sentimental.
- n. Informal A person who finds it difficult to punish or be strict.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A weak or sentimental person.
- n. Somebody who finds it difficult to scold or punish.
- n. A software expert who is ignorant of the workings of hardware.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A soft or silly person. Also softie.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who is weak and excessively sentimental
Sorry, no etymologies found.