from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An eclectic system or method.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being eclectic
- n. An approach to thought that draws upon multiple theories to gain complementary insights into phenomena
- n. Any form of art that borrows from multiple other styles
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Theory or practice of an eclectic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The method of the eclectics, or a system, as of philosophy, medicine, etc., made up of selections from various systems.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. making decisions on the basis of what seems best instead of following some single doctrine or style
Sorry, no etymologies found.