from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The characteristic of having a negative charge.
- n. The characteristic of being pessimistic or contrarian.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as negativeness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the character of the negative electric pole
- n. characterized by habitual skepticism and a disagreeable tendency to deny or oppose or resist suggestions or commands
- n. an amount less than zero
- n. (chemistry) the tendency of an atom or radical to attract electrons in the formation of an ionic bond
Sorry, no etymologies found.