from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being selective.
- n. The degree to which an electronic receiver is selective.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A measure of how selective something is; discrimination.
- n. The ability of a radio receiver to separate a desired signal frequency from others.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In electricity, the property of a circuit by virtue of which it responds to electric oscillations of a given frequency.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property of being selective
Sorry, no etymologies found.