from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being specific rather than general.
- n. The probability, in a binary test, of a true negative being correctly identified.
- n. The extent to which a particular diagnostic test is specific for a given condition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being specific, or of having a specific character or relation; specific affinity, cause, origin, or effect; specificness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being specific to a particular organism
- n. the quality of being specific rather than general
From specific + -ity. (Wiktionary)