from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An undersized animal, especially the smallest animal of a litter.
- n. Offensive A short person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The smallest animal of a litter.
- n. Undersized or stunted plant, animal or person.
- n. An Ethernet packet that does not meet the medium's minimum packet size of 64 bytes.
- n. A single word (or portion of a hyphenated word) that appears as the last line of a paragraph.
- n. A breed of pigeon related to the carrier pigeon.
- n. A hardened stem or stalk of a plant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any animal which is unusually small, as compared with others of its kind; -- applied particularly to domestic animals.
- n. A variety of domestic pigeon, related to the barb and carrier.
- n. A dwarf; also, a mean, despicable, boorish person; -- used opprobriously.
- n. The dead stump of a tree; also, the stem of a plant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A young ox or cow; a steer or heifer; also, a stunted ox or cow, or other under-sized animal; one below the usual size and strength of its kind; especially, the smallest or weakest one of a litter of pigs or puppies. Compare def. 4.
- n. Hence A short, stockish person; a dwarf.
- n. A rude, ill-bred person; a boor or hoiden.
- n. A breed of domestic pigeons. A single bird may weigh as much as 2 1/2 pounds.
- n. A stump of underwood; also, the dead stump of a tree.
- n. The stalk or stem of a plant.
- n. The rump.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. disparaging terms for small people
Fred ♪ ♫ ♪ says: dbadass, dr runt is feeling guilty. the white flag of surrender at 460
Insidious Prophet says: dr. runt is now playing the role of alfred.
Fred ♪ ♫ ♪ says: dr runt is a proven liar. the republicans may not get a president elected for a generation now.
Fred ♪ ♫ ♪ says: dr runt is just sound. like wind.
We'd named Baby A-- the one the doctor had called the "runt" -- Cameron; Baby B was Matthew.
Franny, Zooey, and Boo Boo* and then Kent -- insisting that he would feel more invested in these chicks if he could name one -- named the runt, Scrambly.
Dwarfs may have normal bodies but with either short legs or arms, or both; a runt is a small specimen in a litter or drove; pygmies were a mythical creation of the
Who'd have thought that the runt was the smartest of the family?
The runt is a bird of great size, with long massive beak and large feet; some of the sub-breeds of runts have very long necks, others very long wings and tails, others singularly short tails.
The rest of the boys are all growin ',' cept this little runt, which is
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.