from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal One, such as a child, that is relatively or unusually small.
- n. Variant of pewee.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A short or small person; a small object.
- n. A kind of small marble in children's games.
- n. A player in a sports league for very young children.
- n. A magpie-lark or mudlark, Grallina cyanoleuca.
- n. A pewee.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. disparaging terms for small people
- n. small olive-colored woodland flycatchers of eastern North America
Probably reduplication of wee.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Probably reduplication of wee ("small"). (Wiktionary)
Probably from onomatopoeia of the birds' songs. (Wiktionary)