American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Very small; tiny. See Synonyms at small.
- adj. Very early: the wee hours of the morning.
- n. Scots A short time; a little bit.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bit. Specifically— A short distance.
- n. A short space of time.
- Small; little; tiny.
- n. An obsolete form of woe.
- An old spelling of we.
- adj. Scotland, Northern Ireland, North England, New Zealand Small, little.
- n. colloquial, uncountable urine
- n. colloquial An act of urination.
- v. colloquial To urinate.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Obs. or Scot. A little; a bit, as of space, time, or distance.
- adj. Colloq. & Scot. Very small; little.
- adj. very early
- adj. (used informally) very small
- n. a short time
- v. eliminate urine
- Unknown (Wiktionary)
- Middle English wei, we, a small amount, small, from Old English wǣge, wēg, weight; see wegh- in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“D2 - 23 This little pig went to market, This little piggy stayed home, This little piggy had roast beef, This little piggy had none, This little piggy cried \ "wee, wee, wee\" All the way home.”
“Maddy smiled, realizing that more than one of the residents had begun using the term wee ever since William had started visiting.”
“Now, I hated that movie, but I love me some Dennis Hopper, so that creates what we call a wee bit o 'dissonance.”
“August 22nd, 2009 10: 46 am ET wee wee, is an expression used in england, when a small child wants to go to the bathroom. mommy i need to go wee wee.”
“The stacks that you make her wrap in wee elastic bands and load into the stroller basket to take to the bank.”
“But to a public that remembers him with intense affection, Pee-wee is indelible.”
“That's only what Papa and I call a wee one before it's born.”
“Now pee-wee is not permitted in the streets of New York.”
“Little "Tinkle Tom," as we called the wee piano, was not very large, but there were times when he had to be left behind.”
“These days, Pee-wee is actually quite busy putting the final touches on “The Pee-wee Herman Show,” a live multimedia stage production that runs at L. A.’s Club Nokia for several weeks beginning January 12th.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘wee’.
words from a novel by mark haddon
A list of English words that are three letters long.
If it's not ...
Short and cute synonyms for small
I'm making this list under duress by bilby. See comments on Specific Excrement and May or May Not Be Specific But Definitely Is Not Excrement.
If you really want to see them, I mean.
Adjectives that describe small objects.
My big word list.
3 letter words, not the girl band.
boggle and speed scrabble would not be half as fun without them.
words that evoke magic, mystery, mayhem, magnificence or anything else that glimmers in the grass
Looking for tweets for wee.