American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A small chin beard trimmed into a point.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tuft of beard left on the chin after the rest has been shaved off; an imperial, especially one extending under the chin.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A part of a man's beard on the chin or lower lip which is allowed to grow, and trimmed so as to resemble the beard of a goat.
- n. a small chin beard trimmed to a point; named for its resemblance to a goat's beard
- From goat + -ee (diminutive suffix). (Wiktionary)
- Alteration of goaty, from goat (from its resemblance to a goat's beard). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Anybody with a Todd Palin goatee is a facial offender.”
“Joe Cocker plays a pimp/hippie character whose goatee is painted on using the same technology used by Groucho Marx no less than 355 years ago.”
“Kamaruddin, an amiable, balding man with a pious goatee, is no extremist.”
“I remember this was about nine months after Colin's first attempt to grow the stringy mess he called a goatee, and almost two years after Victor's lip began to show fuzz.”
“The goatee is shortened, now, and has an end; formerly it hadn't any, but ran off eastward and arrived nowhere.”
“The truck driven by the large man with the goatee was the one that had the diamonds.”
“No not the one with thecrustache and goatee, that is me.”
“The view from here is that the only person who should be seen out and about in a goatee is a goat.”
“Hazel eyes, dark goatee, which is not pictured here.”
“As the fervor faded, I recall the goatee scratching over how to convert such a snub-nosed design into a production vehicle that could meet front crash requirements.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘goatee’.
Words only (I left out the expressions) from Geza Kerenyi's EN-HU interpreters' dictionary. Most of them pose some difficulty when interpreted between HU and EN in either or both directions.
Okay guys let me get a visual of you all. Let me know what you carry on your cheeks... anything goes. Slang, Metaphors, you name that thing.
Lets put Axioms about beards in there to.
words that describe facial hair,
some cute ones here
words that i listed first. some are sort of made-up and a few belong in the "all things hair" section.
need to know these words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looking for tweets for goatee.