from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who is ardently devoted to something; an enthusiast or advocate: a devotee of sports.
- n. An ardent or fanatical adherent of a religion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An ardent enthusiast or admirer
- n. A fanatical or zealous believer in a particular religion or god
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who is wholly devoted; esp., one given wholly to religion; one who is superstitiously given to religious duties and ceremonies; a bigot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is devoted or self-dedicated to a cause or practice; a votary; specifically, one given wholly to religious devotion; an extravagantly or superstitiously devout person.
- n. Synonyms Zealot, enthusiast.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an ardent follower and admirer
From French devotee ("devoted") (Wiktionary)