from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One dedicated to love, especially sexual love.
- n. One who writes about love.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who is in love.
- n. Someone who writes about love.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A lover; a gallant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A lover; a gallant; an inamorato. Also written amourist.
- n. One who is given to writing love-sonnets or -songs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one dedicated to love and lovemaking especially one who writes about love
Latin amor, love; see amorous + -ist.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)