from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The one to whom something is addressed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The person or organization to which something, such as a letter or message, is addressed, for whom the item is intended.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One to whom anything is addressed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is addressed; specifically, one to whom anything is addressed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one to whom something is addressed
address + -ee (Wiktionary)