from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The one to whom something, such as goods or merchandise, is consigned.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The person to whom a shipment is to be delivered.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The person to whom goods or other things are consigned; a factor; -- correlative to consignor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The person to whom goods or other property sent by carrier are consigned or addressed; specifically, one who has the care or disposal of goods received upon consignment; a factor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the person to whom merchandise is delivered over
From consign + -ee (Wiktionary)