from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that consigns or receives goods for transportation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The person or organization that ships (sends) something.
- n. One involved in shipping (fan fiction based on romantic relationships between characters).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who sends goods from one place to another not in the same city or town, esp. one who sends goods by water.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A seaman; a mariner; a skipper.
- n. One who delivers goods or merchandise to a common carrier, forwarder, express company, etc., for transportation, whether by land or water or both.
- n. In a machine-shop, a device for shifting a belt from one pulley to another; a belt-shipper or belt-shifter.
- n. A tobacco suited for export; a shipping tobacco. See export tobacco.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who ships goods
- n. a company in the business of shipping freight
relationship + -er (Wiktionary)