American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A constellation in the equatorial region of the Southern Hemisphere near Pisces and Aquila.
- n. The 11th sign of the zodiac in astrology.
- n. One who is born under this sign.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A zodiacal constellation, supposed to represent a man standing with his left hand extended upward, and with his right pouring out of a vase a stream of water which flows into the mouth of the Southern Fish. It contains no star brighter than the third magnitude.
- n. The Water-bearer; the eleventh sign (marked ♒) of the zodiac, which the sun enters about the 21st of January: so called from the constellation.
- n. astronomy : A constellation of the zodiac, supposedly shaped like a water carrier.
- n. astrology : The zodiac sign for the water carrier, ruled by Uranus covering January 21 - February 19 (tropical astrology) or February 15 - March 14 (sidereal astrology).
- n. Someone with an Aquarius star sign
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The Water-bearer; the eleventh sign in the zodiac, which the sun enters about the 20th of January; -- so called from the rains which prevail at that season in Italy and the East.
- n. A constellation south of Pegasus.
- n. the eleventh sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about January 20 to February 18
- n. a zodiacal constellation in the southern hemisphere; between Capricornus and Pisces
- n. (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Aquarius
- From Latin aquārius ("water carrier"), from aqua ("water") + -arius (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, from Latin, water carrier, the constellation Aquarius, from aqua, water; see aqua. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Something like sound-control would be really tricky, especially if the Aquarius is a team of superheroes.”
“The planets align, the moon is in Aquarius or some such nonsense, and * flash* it makes complete and total sense.”
“There are 16 characters in Aquarius, 18 including Donovan and Danton.”
“Together, they are known as the Aquarius Reef Base.”
“Aquarius The reasonable and restrained Aquarius is the most offended by the disruption of dinner and churlish appeals for money by the telemarketing breed.”
“Her sun and moon in Aquarius – the same as Francois Truffaut. (his chart here).”
“Francois Truffaut was born on Feb 6 1932, the year of Monkey (Sun & Moon in Aquarius, same as Jeanne Moreau, Colette, Olivier Assayas, Joan Mitchell) Joan M. was the only American from this group, however she married a Frenchman and lived in France.”
“Diane Arbus was born on March 14, 1923 (Pisces with moon in Aquarius), the same birthday as Albert Einstein.”
“(Capricorn with Moon in Aquarius – other famous people with this combo are – Muhammed Ali, Cary Grant, Nixon, Diane Keaton) One word to describe these people – Louise herself said it – Irrepressible, ambitious, eccentric and successful.”
“He did it again, under the name Aquarius, in Of a Fire on the Moon, again as Norman in The Fight, and by one name or another in virtually every piece of journalism he has done since.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Aquarius’.
The International Astronomical Union (IAU) recognizes 88 official constellations.
Looking for tweets for Aquarius.