from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- pro. An unspecified or unknown person; someone. See Usage Note at he1.
- n. A person of importance: "Obviously she was somebody—a real presence in the room” ( Oleg Cassini).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- pro. Some unspecified person.
- n. A recognised person, a celebrity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A person unknown or uncertain; a person indeterminate; some person.
- n. A person of consideration or importance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Some one; a person unknown, unascertained, or unnamed.
- n. Pl. somebodies (-iz). A person of consideration, consequence, or importance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a human being
some + body (Wiktionary)