American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.
- n. Usage Problem A homosexual person; a gay man or a lesbian.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the same sex or to individuals of the same sex.
- Relating to homosexuality.
- adj. of a person or animal Sexually attracted primarily to other members of the same sex. Either a male androphile or a female gynephile. Sometimes used in the sense of sole/exclusive attraction.
- adj. Pertaining to homosexuality, as a relationship, an attraction, a desire, etc.
- adj. Intended for or used by homosexuals, as a nightclub, a bar, etc.
- n. A person who is attracted solely or primarily to others of the same sex.
- n. someone who practices homosexuality; having a sexual attraction to persons of the same sex
- adj. sexually attracted to members of your own sex
- From homo- + sexual, English from 1892. (Wiktionary)
“Any person considering making a valid challenge on these grounds would look up the actual study and learn how the term homosexual was defined in the cited study.”
“As I don't regularly hang around the gay community I also didn't realize that the term homosexual is now a perjorative description.”
“When you look at the case he's really suing because the term homosexual is listed as a sin.”
“Some people reject the term homosexual as an identity-label because they find it too clinical-sounding.”
“I prefer the term homosexual as the more neutral term, which suggests neither acceptance nor condemnation of homosexuality.”
“Put aside for a moment that the term homosexual as a noun is unacceptable, but "practicing"?”
“The concept and even the term homosexual did not exist in biblical days and all references to being homosexual and gay were added in editions translated originally from Greek.”
“The term homosexual does not distinguish between male and female homosexuals.”
“Obviously, Average Joe hasn't heard of the term "homophile," and he probably uses the term "homosexual," indicating that the movement failed in the respect.”
“I had never heard the word homosexual until college," he said.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘homosexual’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
(and those homeos too)
My personal favorite adjectives in the English language. Will add as I remember or think of them.
As many queer related words as I can come up with ^_^
Looking for tweets for homosexual.