from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to both sexes.
- adj. Having both male and female reproductive organs; hermaphroditic.
- adj. Botany Denoting a single flower that contains functional staminate and pistillate structures; perfect.
- adj. Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of either sex.
- n. A bisexual organism; a hermaphrodite.
- n. A bisexual person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Sexually attracted to members of either sex.
- adj. Of flowers: having both pollen and seeds.
- adj. Of sporophytes: having both male and female organs.
- adj. Of gametophytes: producing both eggs and sperm.
- adj. Of fungi: producing both the "female" ascogonium and the "male" antheridium.
- adj. Hermaphroditic.
- n. A person who is bisexual. Someone who is attracted to both males and females.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of both sexes; hermaphrodite; as a flower with stamens and pistil, or an animal having ovaries and testes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the organs of both sexes in one individual; of two sexes; hermaphrodite.
- In ethnology, characterized by an equal social development of both sexes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having an ambiguous sexual identity
- adj. sexually attracted to both sexes
- n. a person who is sexually attracted to both sexes
bi- + sexual (Wiktionary)