from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. consisting of two names
- adj. pertaining to the noun binomen
- adj. pertaining to the nomenclature system for the rank of species in biological taxonomy
- n. a scientific name, at the rank of species, with two terms: a generic name and a specific name.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to two names; binomial.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as binomial, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or characterized by two names, especially those of genus and species in taxonomies
Latin binōminis (having two names) (Wiktionary)