from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Sexually oriented to persons of the opposite sex.
- adj. Of or relating to different sexes.
- n. A heterosexual person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Sexually attracted to members of the opposite sex.
- n. A heterosexual person, or other heterosexual organism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to the opposite sex.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. sexually attracted to members of the opposite sex
- n. a heterosexual person; someone having a sexual orientation to persons of the opposite sex
"There are people who have never heard the word 'heterosexual,'" Dr. Sell says.
As an analogy, would you agree that a person who self-identifies as a heterosexual and honestly admits to being attracted to the opposite sex (think chest-pounding male) has the propensity to engage in heterosexual acts?
She notes, for example, that the word "heterosexual" didn't come into use until a little over a century ago.
I don't know if there is any redemption in heterosexual love here but you see a woman and a man making love.
Even among the Modern American Conservatives, a tribe not known for its self-awareness, no young man claiming to be heterosexual is going to publish a memoir where finding out a potential sexual partner has taken intelligent precautions against pregnancy is a boner-killer.
MSM are very vulnerable to being infected with HIV and are more likely to transmit it than those engaging solely in heterosexual relationships.
Yeah, because children never engage in heterosexual child sex play.
So when you have your hypothetical motel, do you ask all comers if they engage in heterosexual sodomy, and whether they plan to do so?
A good fraction of the gay men and women I know have been in heterosexual marriages.
I have no desire to participate in heterosexual sex, but I don't have the idea that it's "bad" in any way.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.