from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to marriage: marital status; marital problems.
- adj. Of or relating to a husband.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to marriage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a husband.
- adj. Of or pertaining to marriage; matrimonial.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a husband, or to marriage as it concerns the husband: as, marital rights or authority; marital devotion.
- Hence Pertaining to or of the nature of marriage; matrimonial; connubial.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the state of marriage
Latin marītālis, from marītus, married.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin maritalis (Wiktionary)