from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a parent.
- adj. Genetics Of or designating the generation of organisms from which hybrid offspring are produced.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to a parent
- adj. of the generation of organisms that produce a hybrid
- n. A person fulfilling a parental role.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a parent or to parents
- adj. Becoming to, or characteristic of, parents; tender; affectionate; devoted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to parents; proper to or characteristic of a parent: as, parental love; parental government; parental duties.
- Synonyms Paternal, Maternal, etc. See fatherly, motherly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. designating the generation of organisms from which hybrid offspring are produced
- adj. relating to or characteristic of or befitting a parent
From Latin parentalis, from parens ("parent") (Wiktionary)