from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something that covers, so as to protect or conceal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which covers something.
- n. Action of the verb to cover.
- v. Present participle of cover.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Anything which covers or conceals, as a roof, a screen, a wrapper, clothing, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which covers, as a lid or canopy; a cover; something spread or laid over or wrapped about another, as for concealment, protection, or warmth; specifically, clothing: as, feathers are the natural covering of birds.
- n. The act or process of placing a cover upon something; specifically, in bookbinding, the process of putting covers on a book.
- n. In ceramics, same as glaze.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a natural object that covers or envelops
- n. an artifact that covers something else (usually to protect or shelter or conceal it)
- n. the act of concealing the existence of something by obstructing the view of it
- n. the act of protecting something by covering it
- n. the work of applying something
Sorry, no etymologies found.