American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A structural material made of layers of wood glued together, usually with the grains of adjoining layers at right angles to each other.
- n. uncountable Construction material supplied in sheets, and made of three or more layers of wood veneer glued together, laid up with alternating layers having their grain perpendicular to each other.
- n. countable A specific grade or type of this construction material.
- n. a laminate made of thin layers of wood
- ply ("sheet") + wood (Wiktionary)
- ply1 + wood1. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The mount holding the monitor to the plywood is a low profile VESA I bought at best buy for around 20$.”
“These buildings are designed to be resold, so there is a kitchen unit installed, which I am sure is fabulous, but it is covered in plywood so that we silly athletes won't ruin it for resale.”
“As we pulled the last piece of plywood from the bottom of the boat, a 4 foot Texas Rat Snake looked up at us.”
“The hospital, housed in plywood buildings, is clean but cramped — think M*A*S*H — and lacks the high-tech equipment of the American facility.”
“No. Lucian Freud could abandon his reclining nudes and paint abstracts, work in plywood and encaustics.”
“The cross has been covered in plywood for the past several years following federal court rulings that it violates the First Amendment prohibition against government endorsement of religion.”
“Since I was lacking in plywood and power tools, I said yes. 30 minutes later the crew boarded up the windows for me.”
“Rosy has hung plywood children in plywood swings, a boy and a girl, from the tree limbs.”
“Bamboo plywood is beautiful and distinct; unlike hardwoods, it is made from 100 percent rapidly renewable resources.”
“I enjoy a delicious feeling of unreality as I cruise the deserted highway through gray-dead suburbia, past minimalls with their windows covered in plywood and homes where no lights are glowing.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘plywood’.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Help me build a list of things you'd find in a construction zone or at a construction site.
Words from the songs of Frank Black, a.k.a. Black Francis
Woodworking glossary (Part 1) - Machines, components and tools used in woodworking, carpentry and in furniture workshops.
Looking for tweets for plywood.