from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pasteboard made from discarded paper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A building material made from wood chips compressed and bound with synthetic resin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a cheap hard material made from wood chips that are pressed together and bound with synthetic resin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cheap hard material made from wood chips that are pressed together and bound with synthetic resin
· Particle board (also called chipboard), principally made of wood chips (but also from other fibrous or small-sized ligno-cellulose materials), which are dried, blended with a synthetic resin and hot-pressed (requiring about 8 % binder) or extrusion-pressed (requiring only 5 % binder) to almost any desirable shape.
The "chipboard" is actually Packing cardboard from a Simply Scrappin' Kit That I covered with that paper I love so much!
Green funerals see people buried in coffins made from bio-degradable material such as chipboard and wicker work.
I love the idea of these large 6 "create your own word chipboard letters.
The German artist uses paper, glue, a hand glue spreader, chipboard castor wheels, wire, screw clamps and carpet tubes to create a fantastic landscape in which he bends, curls and rolls paper into modules that became spaces inviting exploration and meditation.
My new office has four high-and-wide bookcases, which is to say that these chipboard extravaganzas take up half my available wall space.
Clapboard, chipboard, plywood, drywall — every third-line material you could use for building a home (as opposed to their intended use of merely finishing a solid home's interior) was found more than wanting in the wake of the earth's vigorously shaking its head “No ... this will not stand.”
He laughs at my chipboard palace on the mainland, where my wife Leslie and I moved after Phil was diagnosed, and at my job in the Valhalla casino, watching sad sacks gamble away rent and their kids' milk money.
Collage of pencil, marker, ink, acrylic and oil paint, printed matter and scraps on chipboard mounted on plywood, 50 3/4 x 45 5/8 x 1 5/8 in.
Pencil, acrylic paint, oil paint, ink, marker, glue, varnish and collage (Polaroid photograph, adhesive plastic tape, paper) on chipboard and painted plywood, 29 1/4 x 41 in.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.