from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of being aboard a ship: on shipboard.
- n. Archaic The side of a ship.
- adj. Existing or occurring on board a ship: a shipboard fire.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Occurring or existing on board a ship.
- n. The side of a ship.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A ship's side; hence, by extension, a ship; -- found chiefly in adverbial phrases.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A board or plank of a ship.
- n. The deck or side of a ship: used chiefly or only in the adverbial phrase on shipboard: as, to go on shipboard or a-shipboard.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. casual or ephemeral as if taking place on board a ship
Sorry, no etymologies found.