from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or resembling the physical or orbital characteristics of a planet or the planets.
- adj. Of or relating to the earth; terrestrial or earthly: measured the planetary tilt in degrees.
- adj. Of or affecting the entire world; global: a planetary consensus.
- adj. Wandering; erratic: a planetary life.
- adj. Being or relating to a gear train consisting of a central gear with an internal ring gear and one or more pinions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to planets, or the orbital motion of planets.
- adj. Of, or relating to the Earth; terrestrial.
- adj. Of, or relating to the whole Earth; global.
- adj. epicyclic
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the planets
- adj. Consisting of planets.
- adj. Under the dominion or influence of a planet.
- adj. Caused by planets.
- adj. Having the nature of a planet; erratic; revolving; wandering.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a planet or the planets; consisting of planets: as, planetary motions; planetary inhabitants; the planetary system.
- Having the character attributed to a planet; erratic or wandering.
- In astrology, under the dominion or influence of a planet; produced by or under the influence of planets.
- n. An abbreviation of planetary nebula. See nebula.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of the planet Earth or its inhabitants
- adj. of or relating to or resembling the physical or orbital characteristics of a planet or the planets
- adj. having no fixed course
- adj. involving the entire earth; not limited or provincial in scope
Sorry, no etymologies found.