from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or suggestive of a giant.
- adj. Exceedingly large of its kind: a gigantic toadstool.
- adj. Very large or extensive: a gigantic corporation. See Synonyms at enormous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Very large.
- adj. In the manner of a giant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of extraordinary size; like a giant.
- adj. Such as a giant might use, make, or cause; immense; tremendous; extraordinarly
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling a giant; of extraordinary size or proportions; very large; huge; enormous.
- Pertaining to or suitable for a giant; characteristic of giants; immense in scale or degree.
- Synonyms Colossal, vast, immense, prodigious, mighty, ponderous, herculean, cyclopean.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. so exceedingly large or extensive as to suggest a giant or mammoth
From Latin gigās, gigant-, giant; see giant, or from Greek gigantikos (from gigās, gigant-, giant).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek γιγαντικός. (Wiktionary)