from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of immense size, volume, or capacity; gigantic. See Synonyms at enormous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of the giant Gargantua or his appetite.
- adj. Huge; immense; tremendous.
- adj. Of a tremendous size, volume, degree, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Characteristic of Gargantua, a gigantic, wonderful personage; enormous; prodigious; inordinate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or characteristic of Gargantua (see etymology); hence, great beyond credibility; enormous; prodigious; Brobdingnagian.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of great mass; huge and bulky
From Gargantua, a giant with a very large appetite in Rabelais's The Inestimable Life of Gargantua. (Wiktionary)