from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of considerable weight; heavy.
- adj. Rugged and powerful. See Synonyms at heavy.
- adj. Informal Of considerable size or amount: a hefty serving of mashed potatoes; received a hefty bonus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. heavy
- adj. strong, bulky
- adj. possessing physical strength and weight; rugged and powerful; powerfully or heavily built.
- adj. impressive, mighty
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Moderately heavy.
- adj. Strong; muscular; -- of people.
- adj. Substantial; large.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having considerable weight; rather heavy; hence, weighty; forcible: as, a hefty tool; a hefty argument.
- Easy to lift and handle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of considerable weight and size
- adj. large in amount or extent or degree
- adj. (of a person) possessing physical strength and weight; rugged and powerful
heft (“weight”) + -y (Wiktionary)