from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not yet paid: unpaid bills.
- adj. Serving without pay; unsalaried: unpaid research assistants.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not paid for.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not paid; not discharged, as a debt. Not having received what is due: as, unpaid workmen.
- Serving without pay; unsalaried: as, unpaid justices.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. without payment
- adj. engaged in as a pastime
- adj. not paid
un- + paid (Wiktionary)